Suber Marine Services, Inc
Facts & Statistics
· Only 22% of boaters have taken a boating safety class.
· Less than 20% of recreational boat operators involved in fatal boating accidents had taken some type of boating education course.
· There is approximate 87. Million U.S. Adult participating in recreational boating.
. 93% of the boats sold in the U.S. are made in the U.S.
. 95% of the boats on the water are 26 feet or less.
. 76% of boat owners have a household income less than $100,000.
Boater Safety Tips
· Always have a Personal Flotation Device on board for each passenger. Make sure devices are size-appropriate.
· Always have a throw able life ring or buoy on your vessel.
· Always have a fire extinguisher on board. Make sure all passengers know where it is located and how to use it.
· Always have a horn, bell or whistle on your vessel. Conduct regular checks to ensure the noise device is working appropriately.
· Never take a vessel out into the water while you are under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
· Always have a communication device on board that does not depend on cell towers. Two-way radios are the most popular.